Hello my creative friends and a big welcome to day 10 of our 12 Days Of Christmas Giveaway! We have Melinda back on the blog today with some more Christmas inspiriaton for you all.
Today’s freebie is this fun Merry Everything cut file!
Last year for Christmas I decided our Christmas Card would include a photo of my little family so we donned some Christmas hats and headed up to my parents-in-law’s block. My father-in-law is quiet a good photographer so he picked the location on their block and got to snapping! This was the photo we ended up using and I realised that I hadn’t yet scrapped it so I figured “Merry Everything” was the perfect title to pair with it!
I haven’t done anything fancy to my title this time, I simply cut it on my Cameo in textured white cardstock. I did get my Cameo to do all the “hard” work of cutting the internal letters and you can see how that came happened in my video near the end of my post!
If you don’t do videos or are unsure of how to make this happen here’s a quick run down for you:
1. After you have cut the file right click and select “remove compound path” This will separate ALL of the pieces of the letters so you can move/delete/edit etc
2. Remove the complete outline of the cut file by clicking on it and then hitting delete on your keyboard (or right click, delete)
3. Using your mouse click on the pieces between the letters and again delete. You should be left with just the internal pieces of each letter
4. Use your mouse to select the all the letters and then go to the “offset” function in your silhouette software – it’s shaped like a star
5. While your cut file is selected use the arrows to change the offset around each letter until you think you have enough to allow you to back your letters without over hang. This amount will vary and it’s really down to personal preference
6. When you are happy with the offset amount, hit apply then you can delete your original internal pieces and cut your filling pieces!
I work on a PC so this is the keys I use and have never worked on a Mac so I can’t help with the exact instructions for that but I do hope this helps someone!
I dove into my Christmas Stash for this page and chose the Pink Fresh Studio “Holiday Wishes” collection from last year. I don’t have much of it but LOVE it! To back my cut file I used the “Season’s Greetings” pattern paper and then used the same paper again as a border for my whole page.
As you can see I have used a tonne of pink on my background which is not a “traditional” choice for Christmas but one of my all time favourite colour combos in navy and light pink. The pattern paper I used combines those 2 colours so I immediately jumped at the chance to use those. And I really feel that softer pink really makes my photo and title pop!
I have included my whole process for the background in my video but the layers from bottom to top are pink mist painted on, splatters in pink, red and gold, white tissue paper with red “ho ho ho” all over it and finally more splatters in the same 3 colours.
I’ve kept the embellishing pretty simple here, I didn’t want to cover up much of anything lol I did 2 lines of straight machine stitching in gold around both the white card stock and the photo. I’ve added a very fine border of the “Very Merry” pattern paper behind my photo and also included a little vellum envelope behind my photo. The envelope is for me to add in the rest of the photos that were taken that day.
I have another process video for you today, just click below to play! I hope you enjoy and it inspires you to get your Christmas on!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my page, to get your freebie from the store check out the following details:
Simply enter the code: MERRYFREE at checkout to get this design for free. No additional purchase necessary. This code is only valid until midnight AEST on December 10th, 2019. **No exceptions – Please check your time zone against ours here in Australia as we are a day ahead.
Coupon code must be entered to receive this item for free. No refunds will be given. The design will still be available in the CUT to YOU Cut file store for purchase after the discount code expires if you miss out in the Christmas Shop section.
Make sure you come back tomorrow for another FREE cut file!